The possibilities that exist with selling products on Amazon are endless. I continue to get excited about the growth of e-commerce whenever I look at the latest news and statistics.
But it goes beyond numbers on a screen. I love interacting with my coaching students as they learn how to sell on Amazon and build successful businesses.
My business partners and I have been able to achieve a lot in our own business in the last few years, and I love helping beginners be successful as well. This is such a great community to be a part of!
Recently I was a guest on the AMZ Secrets podcast, where I chatted with David Aladdin about this whole journey of building an e-commerce business. In addition to sharing how I quit my corporate job to become an Amazon seller, I also discuss the fears around account shutdowns, myths new sellers believe, and what I thought was a barrier to entry in the beginning (that really wasn’t). We also talk about how we were able to scale our business quickly and other Amazon strategies and secrets.
I was glad for the opportunity to share my story and for the chance to inspire a wider audience to consider building a business on Amazon. If you feel like selling products on Amazon is a complete mystery, I hope this podcast episode will help open your eyes to all the possibilities that exist!
Podcast highlights you don’t want to miss:
- My background before becoming an Amazon seller [0:40]
- How I quit my job and got into Amazon [3:32]
- What I thought was a barrier to entry with becoming a successful Amazon seller (that really wasn’t) [5:35]
- What pushed me past the edge to get started on Amazon [7:38]
- Our strategy for Vendor Central [12:20]
- Factors to consider with Vendor Central [14:30]
- What went into the decision to have our own warehouse versus a third party fulfillment center [16:20]
- The biggest business mistakes we’ve made [18:47]
- What happened with our account shutdowns and how we fixed it [21:42]
- Myths that new Amazon sellers believe [29:54]
- Benefits of networking to connect with Amazon corporate [33:36]
- Struggles we face as 8-figure Amazon sellers [35:40]
- How we’ve branched out in e-commerce [39:50]
- What to watch out for in business partnerships [46:50]
Watch episode 91 of the podcast here!
Or listen here: